The chest clasp was done out of styrene plastic and is attached by means of two adjustable parachute buckles. The symbol detail work was done by drawing the designs onto masking tape, cutting them out, then stenciling them onto the fabric with black acrylic paint. The whole thing was weathered using various colors of Rit dye in a damp rag and rubbed into the vest.
This whole thing was my first commission for an all sewing project. The patterns and templates were created by me from scratch to fit the client. Everything I did was trial and error and I learned a lot from this project. It's always fun to try new types of projects and I can't wait to see what else I can try with fabrics and sewing. The vest was made to go along with the chest box you see pictured above for the same client.